Robotics: Level B
Teacher: Justin York
Description: Ready to take your 6th - 8th grade students' electronics and programming skills to the next level? Level B is the second level in the Introduction to Robotics series. This course is designed to build on the electronics and programming skills learned in Introduction to Robotics: Level A. Students will expand their knowledge of coding to control electrical components, including projects involving integrated circuits, switches, and sensors. This class follows Introduction to Robotics: Level A, and it is a great way to prepare students for high school STEM and Technology classes.
- Work administratively with files, folders, and directories.
- Continue to expand coding knowledge to include functions, advanced list commands, logical operators, while
- true loops, advanced string techniques, try/except/finally, and multithreaded operations.
- Understand pulse width modulation.
- Learn to work with new types of switches, a matrix-style keypad, potentiometers, phototransistors,
- Learn to use Github and adjust for various versions of Python.
- Work with an analog-to-digital converter integrated circuit.
- Continue to improve troubleshooting skills for both electrical circuits and computer programs.
- Continue to gain the skills to independently tackle projects found online.
- Level B Classroom Component Kit from 42 Electronics ($59):*This is a supplement to the Level A kit – students
- Toolbox/Carrier for component parts
- 2 AA Batteries
- Some additional parts/supplies may be needed over the course of the class (such as batteries)
Copy/Supply fee: $20.00 (check written to Justin York due at Orientation or at the first class)
Annual tuition: $370.00 ($37.00/month for 10 months, August- May or $41.12/month if prorated or on a 9 month payment plan)